Ms. Radomsky's approach to the practice of family law is client-centered. In other words, her goals are to make you feel comfortable and cared for as a person as well as to provide you with top notch legal advice and legal representation.
Most of Ms. Radomsky's cases settle favorably out of court, which is the best outcome because it allows you to remain in control of how you will parent your children and how you will divide your assets and debts rather than allowing a judge to decide based on the limited information that is admissible in court. Settlement also keeps your attorney fees down and reduces the likelihood of future litigation.
Ms. Radomsky has completed the training necessary to practice collaborative law, which is a fairly new process that allows the parties to agree to stay out of the court system to resolve their marital problems privately while still within a formal structure. In a collaborative divorce, each party has an attorney, and often the parties share a team of neutral experts in the areas that apply to their case - like finance, mental health, and parenting - to make well educated decisions about their future. To have a collaborative divorce, both parties must agree to participate in the process, to disclose all relevant information, and to retain an attorney with the required training. If your spouse is not represented by a collaborative attorney, settlement is still possible through mediation or through more traditional negotiation.
If a fair settlement is not possible, Ms. Radomsky is prepared to advocate for you to the judge. Since 2006, she has handled an array of family law cases in Virginia trial courts, ranging from complex divorce cases involving business valuations to more discrete post-divorce motions to modify or enforce prior custody, visitation, and support awards.
Ms. Radomsky has been recognized as a Virginia Super Lawyer since 2013, which is based on peer nominations, peer evaluations, and independent research. She has also been included in the Super Lawyer list of the Top 50 Women Lawyers in Virginia and the list of the Top 100 Lawyers in Virginia. Throughout her career, Ms. Radomsky has been active in the area of Continuing Legal Education. She was selected by the Virginia Supreme Court as a member of the Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Board from 2014-2017; and, she has been a member of the Fairfax Bar Association’s Continuing Legal Education Committee since 2006, serving as a the Committee co-chair in 2011-2013 and vice chair in 2010. She has spoken as a panelist on the topic of family law at the 2016 Fall Conference & 35th Anniversary Celebration of the Virginia Women Attorneys Association and at a 2012 seminar presented by the Virginia Pro Bono Law Center. She received her training certificate from the Collaborative Practice Training Institute in 2018 and is a member of the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, Collaborative Professionals of Northern Virginia, and Virginia Collaborative Professionals. Ms. Radomsky is a member of the family law sections of the Virginia State Bar, the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, and the Fairfax Bar Association. She is also a member of the Arlington Bar Association.
Areas Of Practice
- Family Law
- Virginia, 2006
- William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
- J.D. - 2005
- Honors: Moot Court Program
- Honors: Finalist, Rosalie E. Wahl Moot Court Competition
- Honors: Regional Semi-Finalist, National Moot Court Competition
- Honors: Student Member Minnesota Women Lawyers
- Honors: Achievement in Volunteer Public Service
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis , Minnesota
- B.A. - 2001
- Major: English
- Dunfee v. Dunfee, Record No. 0870-10-4, 2010, Va Court of Appeals
- Speaker - Jurisdiction, Venue, Service, & Notice, Pro Bono Law Center , 2012 to 2012
- Speaker at Fall Conference 2016, Virginia Women Attorneys Association , 2016 to 2016
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyer
- Top 50 Women Super Lawyers
- Top 100 Super Lawyers
- Legal Elite - Virginia Business Magazine
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Virginia State Bar CLE Board , Board Member , 2014 to 2017
- Fairfax Bar Association CLE Committee, Member, 2006 to Present
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 2006 to Present
- Fairfax Bar Association , Member, 2006 to Present
- Arlington Bar Association, Member, 2017 to Present
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Collaborative Professionals of Northern Virginia
- Virginia Collaborative Professionals
Past Employment Positions
- Maddox & Gerock , Associate , 2010 to 2014
- Hottell Malinowski Group, Associate, 2008 to 2010
- Leiser, Leiser, Hennessy, PLLC, 2006 to 2008
- Alpha Omicron Pi